Would you like to earn a $5,000.00 education award to repay your current student loans, or for future educational expenses?
Would you like to make an impact on the lives of veterans?
Not sure what to do with your life after graduation?
Then the Civic Engagement Office has a position for you.
Wilkes University will utilize the services of a PA Campus Compact AmeriCorps*VISTA to assist veterans in the transition process. The Inter-Organizational Veteran Educational Support Team (INVEST) will help veterans succeed at their post-secondary educational goals through supportive social and educational programs in Luzerne county by developing veteran to veteran assistance programs, and forums about VA entitlements. The AmeriCorps*VISTA will assist in ending poverty through a community-wide educational and career fair for veterans and their families.
Pennsylvania Campus Compact (PACC) is an organization which offers statewide support for member institutions who sustain an environment, culture, and infrastructure for student civic and community engagement and campus/community partnerships.
• Completed Bachelor's degree or 3 years of relevant experience
• Excellent communication (written/verbal), Organizational, and interpersonal skills essential.
• Ability to function and work well in a team environment and with diverse populations.
• Must be a self-starter and work well independently.
How to Apply for this AmeriCorps*VISTA position:
This position is fully funded and paid through AmeriCorps, not Wilkes University. All applicants must visit the AmeriCorps website to apply.
Click here to apply
Contact Information and/or other requests:
• Megan Boone Valkenburg at email@example.com
• Please send a resume and cover letter along with a writing sample