We would like to remind you again that Monday, March 18th, is the due date for the following TREC awards and encourage you to consider nominating a faculty or staff member for an award.
TREC Awards -- Call for Nominations
The Teaching Recognition and Effectiveness Committee (TREC) would like to remind you about the following awards. Please consider nominating a faculty or a staff member for an award. Nominations for the Outstand New Faculty Award and the Part-Time Teaching Award are made by department chairs.
· The Academic Support Award recognizes full-time, non-faculty support personnel who facilitate classroom or experiential initiatives and learning among students. Send your letter of support to Scott Bolesta (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· The Multiculturalism Award recognizes full- and part-time faculty who integrate issues of multiculturalism into the curriculum. Send your letter of support to Christine Mellon (email@example.com).
· The Interdisciplinary Award recognizes full-time faculty who demonstrate outstanding initiatives in the advancement of interdisciplinary learning through projects, course pairing, or team teaching. Send your letter of support to Matthew Sowcik (Matthew.Sowcik@wilkes.edu).
· The Outstand New Faculty Award recognizes tenure-track faculty members who are in their 2nd or 3rd year of full-time teaching and demonstrate outstanding initiatives in the classroom. Please send your nomination letter to Julie Olenak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· The Part-Time Teaching Award recognizes outstanding teaching contributions by a part-time faculty member, who has been with the University for more than three years. Send your nomination letter to Matthew Sowcik (Matthew.Sowcik@wilkes.edu).
· The Innovative/Non-Traditional Teaching Award recognizes faculty who successfully incorporate innovative or non-traditional strategies into at least one class. Send a nomination form (found on the 2nd floor, HSC, by the Mail Room) or an e-mail or formal letter of recommendation to Dean Frear (email@example.com ).
· The Outstanding Advisor Award recognizes one outstanding academic advisor from each college. Send a nomination form (found on the 2nd floor, HSC, by the Mail Room) or an e-mail or formal letter of recommendation to Dean Frear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· The Alumni Mentoring Award recognizes faculty who develop mentoring relationships, which continue beyond the time that students remain at Wilkes. Send nominations to Scott Bolesta (email@example.com) including the following information: name of nominator, year of graduation, e-mail address, name and department of nominee, and a testimony on the following question – “How has this professor continued to serve as a mentor beyond your years at Wilkes?”
For more information on the TREC awards, please visit our website at http://course.wilkes.edu/trec/. Thank you.