The University’s migration to Google is coming to a close. The last day to Opt-In will be December 19th.
There will be no Opt-In over the Holiday break, or the first week in January.
If you wish to make the switch prior to the Holiday break please remember:
- If you are not comfortable configuring your Outlook client, please contact the Help Desk BEFORE you opt in to schedule a technician to help you through the configuration after we migrate you.
- After the migration Voice Mails will no longer go to your inbox. You will need to check them on your phone or dial (570) 408- 6245(MAIL) and follow the prompts.
- Follow the instructions on this site: http://www.wilkes.edu/google to complete the opt-in.
If you choose to wait for the final migration on the weekend of January 5th and 6th please note:
- During the holiday break and the first week in January, your email will operate without change. Your Voicemails will continue to be sent to your email box.
- Starting at 12:00am on January 5th we will be migrating the remainder of accounts to Google Apps. The migration is scheduled to run until 8:00am on Monday January 7th.
- Monday January 7th you will access your email in the following ways.
Using Google Apps at the address below.
Via the “EMAIL” link on the login page of the MyWilkes Portal.
On Windows you may reconfigure Outlook to access your email. Please click on the link below for access to the instructions.
On MacOS X machines you can configure Mac Mail, iCal and Address Book to access your mail, calendar and contacts. Please click on the link below for access to the instructions.
Please remember to visit the following site to review frequently asked questions.