“Looking Back with Pride, Looking Forward with Confidence” at Wilkes University Homecoming Weekend Oct. 5-7
WILKES-BARRE, PA. (Sept. 27, 2012) – Wilkes University will welcome more than 1,000 alumni and friends back to campus when it holds its 2012 Homecoming weekend, Oct. 5-7. This year’s theme is “Looking Back with Pride, Looking Forward with Confidence.”
Alumni of the Sidhu School of Business & Leadership; the A-List; the ladies of Barre Hall; the ladies of Delaware Hall; Manuscript Society; communication studies, philosophy, political science, and psychology majors; and the classes of 1962, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1992, 1997, 2002, and 2007 are encouraged to come back to campus for reunion celebrations. Alumni attending Homecoming will have their first opportunity to meet the University’s new president, Patrick F. Leahy, at many of the events.
The weekend’s events include:
Friday, Oct. 5
· Science Building Construction Headquarters Open House – Alumni receive an update at the site of the new science building, 2 p.m., Annette Evans Alumni House.
· Pints with Professors – Alumni can catch up with their favorite professors over a pint, 5 p.m., Weckesser Hall. Communication studies alumni and faculty will hold their reunion here and honor Brad Kinney, long-time professor of communication studies at Wilkes, who is retiring at the end of the semester.
· “Twist & Stout” Downtown Bar Tour – Alumni will sample their way down South Main Street with friends, 7:30 p.m. The tour departs from 169 S. Main Street.
Saturday, Oct. 6
· Tailgate Tent –Pre-game tailgate party, 11 a.m., Ralston Athletic Complex.
· Football game – Come cheer the Wilkes University Colonels to victory as they take on the Misericordia University Cougars, 1 p.m., Ralston Athletic Complex.
· Arts@Wilkes Showcase – Dance, music and art will be presented by students at 5 p.m., Henry Student Center 1st Floor Lounge.
· Reunion Celebration & Parrotbeach Concert – Alumni will enjoy dinner and drinks with friends followed by a concert by Parrotbeach, a Jimmy Buffett tribute band, 6 p.m., Tents on the Greenway.
Sunday, Oct. 7
· Memorial Bells Remembrance of Alumni – Honor the members of the Wilkes community that Wilkes has lost since Homecoming 2011, 9:30 a.m., Burns Bell Tower.
· Blue and Gold Brunch – Ancestral Colonel Awards will be presented to: Nicholas A. Heineman ’51, and W. Brooke Yeager III ’64. Esprit de Corps awards will be presented to: Howard E. “Skinny” Ennis, Jr. ’55, Helen B. Ralston ’52, and Terese M. Wignot, interim provost and professor of chemistry; 10:30 a.m., Henry Student Center Ballroom.
For more information about Homecoming events, please go to www.wilkes.edu/homecoming or contact Bridget Giunta Husted at 1-800-WILKES-U, Ext. 4134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.