Marts Center 570-408-4020 (T) 570-408-4028 (F) Email
- The most recent addition to the stable of athletic facilities at Wilkes is the new Recreation and Athletic Center(RAC) inside the University Center on Main. The RAC is a multi-use facility that accommodates recreational activities for all members of the Wilkes community, the practice needs of 350 student athletes from all 14 varsity sports and intramural athletics. The interior of the 38,000-square-foot main floor includes:
· three full-length multi-purpose courts that can be used for basketball, tennis and volleyball.
· curtain separators which allow for a number of activities to take place simultaneously
· six basketball backboards
· a drop down batting cage
· a 29-foot rock climbing wall and a ropes course that is available for student leadership training programs
· a two-lane track that runs the perimeter of the courts
· locker rooms that are accessible on-site for all facility patrons
- The three-story, 75,000-square-foot MartsCenter is regarded as one of the finest athletic facilities in the Middle Atlantic Conference. The building includes the 3,500-seat wireless Henry Gymnasium, health facilities, classrooms, and the offices of the Athletic Director, the Associate Director of Athletics, and many members of the Wilkes coaching staff. It also features a training room, wrestling room, ample locker room facilities and a multi-purpose room. The Marts Center serves as the home for the Wilkes men’s and women’s basketball teams, wrestling team and volleyball team.
- The bottom floor of the Marts Center houses the University Fitness Center. The Fitness Center is approximately 3,000 square feet and includes cardio equipment (6 treadmills, 5 bikes, 5 elypticals, 2 steppers), weight equipment, Hammer Strength Free Weight Machines, Hammer Ground Based Equipment and Hammer Strength Free Weight Benches. The Cardio section of the Fitness Center features three televisions with radio transmitters for sound with headphones.
- The Ralston Complex is just across the Market Street Bridge from Wilkes' main campus and is adjacent to the city of Wilkes-Barre's beautiful Kirby Park. It contains two fields that serve as the home for our football, women’s lacrosse and men’s and women’s soccer teams. Also located at the Ralston Complex are the six tennis courts where our men’s and women’s tennis teams compete. The courts have hosted both the Middle Atlantic Conference men's and women's tennis championships and the PIAA District II Tennis Championships.
- The Munson Fieldhouse, located inside the Ralston Complex, is one of the best-equipped facilities in the Middle Atlantic Conference. Included in the facility is a weight room, training room, locker facilities and several conference rooms. The fieldhouse is at the hub of our baseball, softball, soccer, football, field hockey, lacrosse and tennis facilities.
- The newest addition to the Ralston Complex is the softball field which was completed in 2005. The field has hosted the last two Freedom Conference Softball Championship Tournaments, as well as P.I.A.A. District 2 playoffs. The field features enclosed dugouts, a permanent fence line, an infield tarp, lights for night play, and a two-story press box.
- ArtilleryPark is one of the top facilities in the Middle Atlantic Conference. The baseball field has two sets of bullpens, an outdoor batting cage, large dugouts, and a press box that is situated directly behind home plate. A new watering system was also installed prior to the start of the 2002 season. Artillery Park also serves as the home of the Wilkes field hockey team. Artillery Park has seen its share of homeruns, but none quite as remarkable as a pre-Colonel 1926 hit. In the summer of 2003, a baseball historian concluded that Wilkes' very own Artillery Park was the location of Babe Ruth’s longest homerun.