UCOM 570-408-6024 (T) 570-408-7849 (F) Email
Alicia Bond, Associate Director, Procurement
The Procurement Office is responsible for contract administration...
of procurement and service contracts on behalf of all Wilkes University departments. Where appropriate, we will competitively bid supplies, equipment and services for anticipated needs of the institution and allow access to the resulting contracts by all University departments. In support of the University's mission, we procure goods and services using best value practices while working collaboratively to meet the needs of our customers and providing an exceptional support environment.
We work with you to create a solution that fits your needs so you have more time to focus on other issues.
The mission of the Procurement Office is to...
support the University's Strategic Initiative to develop an "Exceptional Support Environment" by providing quality goods and services with courtesy and professionalism while safeguarding Wilkes' assets and maintaining the highest legal and ethical standards.
The vision of Wilkes University's Procurement Office is to...
provide the best purchasing practices and highest quality services for our internal and external customers. We will be an office that:
- anticipates the future by being pro-active, determining needs and planning ahead to meet those needs
- expands and enhances the contracted services offered to the Wilkes community
- manages relationships between departments and suppliers by providing sound advice, pre-qualifying vendors, and determining proper courses of actions.
- informs the community of new products, services and suppliers.
- plans, develops, implements and manages procurement methods and principals.
- achieves cost savings through the development, management and evaluation of Request for Proposals (RFPs)