Study in London for Spring Break
The Global Cultures/History and Communication Studies departments will again run classes that contain a week-long trip to London. The courses include History 101, “Historical Foundations of the Modern World,” that will fulfill the Wilkes General Education requirement, and History 398/Communication 398, "History of Communication." The price (shared occupancy) is $2399 per person. The tuition for the three credits will be included in the spring semester. For full-time Wilkes students taking under 18 credit hours, this means there will be no additional charge for tuition for this course. A $250 nonrefundable deposit will be due on Oct. 31, 2017, to hold your spot. A further non-refundable deposit of $250 is due on Dec. 1, 2017, and payment in full is due no later than Jan. 19, 2018. The travel fees include:
- Roundtrip airfare from Newark to London on Virgin Atlantic
- Ground transportation between Newark and Wilkes-Barre and between Heathrow airport to our hotel in central London
- Six nights at a full service hotel in central London
- Breakfast in the hotel for six mornings
- Welcome dinner
- London Transport passes for our entire stay
- Admission to all class locations
Travel dates are March 3 to 10, 2018.
For more information, please contact either Dr. Mark Stine, Chair, Communications Studies (570-408-4169 or email@example.com) or Dr. John Hepp, Professor of History (570-408-4225 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, stop by the new Karambelas Media and Communication Center, Room 113 to pick up a brochure on the class.