Submit a Nomination for the President’s Awards for Excellence
Dr. Leahy invites members of the campus community to submit nominations for the 2016-2017 President’s Awards for Excellence. These awards recognize outstanding achievements of University faculty and staff who have gone above and beyond to serve our students and will be handed out at Fall Convocation later this summer.
Nominations may be emailed to President Leahy (Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org) with “President’s Award” in the subject line. Please include the nominee’s name and a very brief explanation of why he or she should be recognized in one of these five categories. If you would like the nomination to be anonymous, please note that in your email.
All nominations must be received by Monday, July 17, 2017, so the President’s Cabinet can discuss the nominations. Award recipients will be notified in mid-August. Thank you for taking the time to help me honor those on campus who serve as role models to us all by demonstrating the highest level of commitment to the values of Wilkes University.
You may nominate full- or part-time faculty or staff members in each of following categories:
- The Award for Exceptional Mentorship – recognizes one member of the community who has exemplified mentorship. Mentorship may include academic advising, mentoring, coaching, and all other manner of support for students.
- The Award for Outstanding Scholarship – recognizes one member of the community who contributed significantly to their field. Scholarship may include traditional research, scholarship and contributions to fields and professions outside of academic areas.
- The Award for Exceptional Contributions to Diversity – recognizes one member of the community who has contributed significantly to advancing the inclusivity of the Wilkes community. Diversity is defined broadly and there can be myriad ways in which a member of the community exemplifies this core value.
- The Award for Outstanding Innovation – recognizes one member of the community who has demonstrated creative problem-solving or seized an opportunity resulting in enriched experiences for students, faculty and staff and positive improvements for the future of Wilkes.
- The Award for Community Building – recognizes one member of the community who has made a lasting impact on the campus through team-building, collaboration and/or role-modeling.
For the purposes of the President’s Awards for Excellence, all of these terms may be defined broadly. There are many ways in which a colleague may demonstrate the values that are at the heart of Wilkes University’s mission.