2017-18 Academic Department Data Binder Available
Either of the methods below may be used to access the 2017-18 Academic Department
Data Book, compiled by the Institutional Research Office. More information about
the book can be found below the access instructions. We hope you find this information
useful for your academic planning purposes.
How to access the Academic Department Data Book on the portal:
- Log into http://mywilkes.wilkes.edu with your login & password
- Under the menu at the top of the screen, click on ‘Employees’, then select ‘Wilkes@Work’ from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down – the Institutional Research Channel is located below the Risk Management Channel
- Click on 2017-2018 Academic Department Data Book
Direct Link: http://www.wilkes.edu/about-
1. Depending on your operating system, do either of the following:
- If using Windows, Click: \\wilkesu.wilkes.edu\staff\staffshares
- If using Mac: Click ‘Go’ on main screen and then ‘Connect to Server’; Look for ‘staff shares’
2. Once you get to the Staff Shares drive, click on ‘Institutional Research’
3. Once inside the Institutional Research folder on the Staff Shares, click on ‘Academic Department Data Books’.
4. Click on the most recent year’s data book folder to view contents.
In both locations, you will find an archive of the current book and those from the recent past.
About “the Book”
Much of the data included in the book reflects enrollment counts of students at the institution’s fall census date (end of 6thweek of classes). Other statistics, such as credit hours produced, or degrees conferred, are for the full year. Data profiles are compiled from the statistics included in the Data Book, for reference during the academic program review process.
While the statistics in “the book” are among the most commonly requested, they are
by no means the only statistics analyzed or tracked. If you have a data need, particularly
if it is related to an assessment or improvement-related initiative, please feel free
to contact IR staff to see if we can provide data/statistics that meet your need.
Please also note the IR Office’s other annual “data publication”, the 2017-18 Fact Book , also released recently.