Get Your Poetry Moving with Poetry In Transit
Call For Poems
~ Poetry In Transit 2017 ~
Let us put your poem on the bus!
Poetry In Transit, an award-winning community program, invites your participation. Patterned after the Poetry In Motion program on New York's Transit System, along with London’s Poems on the Underground, Poetry In Transit displays poetry in advertising space inside Luzerne County Transportation Authority (LCTA) buses. The poems stay up for one year (September – August), with a monthly rotation so that riders can see the entire 2017 collection.
Winners are chosen by an advisory board of faculty from five area colleges: King's College, Misericordia University, Pennsylvania State University - Wilkes-Barre campus, Luzerne County Community College, and Wilkes University.
Here are the specs:
- Length: 6 lines or less (excerpts from longer works are fine, but you must choose the 6 lines to send)
- Limit: 1-3 poems per author.
- Theme: Migration. We are a nation of immigrants. Immigration can also be understood in a broader sense, not just between nations. We invite poems that examine the concept of migration in any of its definitions.
- Please avoid profanity, outright political screeds, or religious statements
- Languages: Any language, if accompanied by an English translation
Submit your poems by Friday, May 5, 2017:
- Email your poetry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your poetry to:
Poetry In Transit
c/o Mischelle Anthony
Chair, English Department
84 W. South St.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766