VISTA Position Open
Not sure what to do after graduation? Job offers requiring experience? The Office of Civic Engagement may be able to help!
In conjunction with the PA State Office of the Corporation for National and Community
Service (CNCS) and Pennsylvania Campus Compact (PACC), Wilkes University is pleased
to announce the following 2016-2017 PACC*VISTA opportunity. With the main goal of
eradicating poverty and building long-term capacity for communities, PACC*VISTA members
serve across Pennsylvania at institutions of higher education and respective community
partners. This individual will be working through the Office of Civic Engagement and
coordinating the Veteran Center of Excellence at Wilkes University.
Interested in Applying? 2016-2017 PACC*VISTA term of service: July 25, 2016 - July 24, 2017 which includes a mandatory Pre-Service Orientation led by PACC and CNCS beginning on July 18, 2016.
To apply for a PACC*VISTA position, click here: https://my.americorps.
2016-17 PACC*VISTA benefits include:
- Annual living allowance of $11,676 or $12,312
- End of Service Award - Education Award of $5,775 or Cash Stipend of $1,500 – with successful completion of service term
- Healthcare Allowance to AmeriCorps*VISTA members who maintain health insurance. Member must be covered by health insurance that meets Affordable Care Act requirements or will be subject to a fee.
- Relocation support and child care benefits, if eligible
- Professional development and support from PA Campus Compact (3 overnight retreats, regular conference calls and emails, site visits, and regional meetings)
- Additional resources may be provided by specific institution or project such as housing, meal plan, transportation pass, and tuition remission on a class within the institution