Substance Abuse Poster Contest
Health and Wellness Services and Bacchus are excited to sponsor our first annual Substance Abuse Poster Contest! The Poster Contest is a chance for students to use artistic ability to draw attention to the dangers of substance abuse. We are calling all Colonels to use your creativity to share perceptions of the risks of substance use/abuse and the healthy alternatives available to all students.
● Posters must reflect either the theme of Alcohol Awareness and Abuse or Drug Awareness and Abuse.
● Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images) of a single person.
● Posters must be 11X17 inches in size. Hand created pastels, chalk or charcoal are used the poster must be laminated or covered with clear plastic. Digital compositions must also be entirely original work. Posters may be in color or black and white.
● Each poster must be submitted with a Poster Contest entry form (available at the student development desk). The entry form will be placed in a sealed envelope on the back of the poster.
● All entries will become the property of Wilkes University Health and Wellness Services.
●The theme “Colonels Rising Above the Influence” must be included in the poster somewhere.
Deadline to submit poster:
October 15, 2015
Drop off at Student Development Desk
Henry Student Center—first floor
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Questions: email email@example.com or call (570)408-4355.
A panel of judges will select approximately 10 entries and those posters will be displayed
in the SUB during alcohol awareness week. At the end of the week, the panel will select
3 winning posters to receive cash prizes. There will also be a box located at Student
Development Desk for students to vote for your favorite poster. The artists responsible
for the top designs will receive the following:
First Place: $100 and certificate of recognition
Second Place: $75 and certificate of recognition
Third Place: $50 and certificate of recognition
Be a colonel, take action. You can make a difference! When you design a poster with a positive life style message, you may influence others to make the right choices, reduce harm and/or stay alcohol and drug-free!