Opportunities with Public Health Service
Title: Opportunties with Public Health Service
The United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps will open the active duty application process for Pharmacists from August 3-31, 2015. Currently, the Corps is seeking highly motivated pharmacists to deliver public health services directly to the underserved populations, with a heightened recruitment focus for needs within the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP),Indian Health Service (IHS), and Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) in locations throughout the US.
The USPHS has "entry criteria" that must be met to join the Commissioned Corps. Beyond
these, the three (3) requirements listed below MUST be met in order to apply for a
position as a pharmacist:
1. Willingness to serve in an underserved area
2. Willingness to work in a non-administrative (staff or clinical) role
3. Have a current, active pharmacist license
Where can you go to find more information?
1. Visit the following website for excellent presentations that provide an overview of the specific agencies (IHS, BOP, ICE): https://dcp.psc.gov/osg/pharmacy/sc_recruit_pres.aspx
2. The IHS vacancy list contains all of the specific sites that are currently recruiting. Visit the following webpage and check it out: https://www.ihs.gov/pharmacy/docs/CurrentIHSPharmacyVacancyList.pdf
3. This link provides information regarding the application process. http://www.usphs.gov/apply/apply.aspx.
Wilkes University has a number of graduates working in the PHS service. If current P4's would like contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org