Drs. Robert S. and Judith A. Gardner Educational Forum Series Brings Education Speakers to Wilkes University
The Drs. Robert S. and Judith A. Gardner Educational Forum Series at Wilkes University highlights current issues in education. Series co-founders Robert S. and Judith A. Gardner are faculty members in the Wilkes University Department of Education. According to Robert S. Gardner, he and his wife started the series as an outgrowth of their classroom teaching. “It’s part of our philosophy of teaching that learning should not be confined to the classroom,” he explains. “We believe that these experiences offer opportunities to be other places and hear other voices. These are powerful experiences that help people understand what education can be.”
The series features speakers from the educational and business community. All lectures are free and open to the public.
- March 17 from 4:30-6 p.m. in Arnaud C. Marts Sports and Conference Center 214
- Topic: Journey of an Educator: Transitions and Resilience
- Presenters: Alicen Cheshire, Wilkes University alumna and mathematics teacher in the Abington Heights School District
- March 30 from 4:30-6 p.m. in Arnaud C. Marts Sports and Conference Center 214
- Topic: Possibility Thinking: What If?
- Presenter: David Klevinsky, MFA, artist, rugby coach and adjunct instructor at King’s College and Misericordia University
- April 7 from 4:30-6 p.m. in Arnaud C. Marts Sports and Conference Center 214
- Topic: Rules of the Road to Success: Life Lessons from Experience
- Presenter: Dr. Anthony Mussari, retired communications professor, King’s College
All forum events are free and open to the public. For further information, please contact Dr. Robert S. Gardner, associate professor of education, Wilkes University, at 570-408-4686 or at email@example.com.