90% of acceptance decisions are based on your writing sample.
Your ability to write and desire to improve are the most important factors of the
admissions decision. That's why we require creative writing samples and a personal
reflection essay as part of the application process.
A bachelor's degree in any discipline is accepted for admission - no GRE exam required.
- Completed online application
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript of all college work, undergraduate and graduate
- Creative writing samples. Submit 15-25 pages of published and/or unpublished work in any form or genre, work that gives a sense of your creative abilities.
- Essay. In five to 10 pages, respond to the following questions:
- Where are you in time and how did you get there?
- What are you going to do in the program?
- What will you do with your program accomplishments following graduation?
- A current resumé that cites creative work study and accomplishment.
Applications can be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to the following address:
ATTN: Creative Writing Program
84 West South St.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. That means we accept online applications at any time leading up to the January or June start dates. However, to meet residency deadlines, completed applications must be received by:
- January residency: Dec. 15 for admission
- January weekender: Jan. 1 for admission
- June residency: May 15 for admission
- June weekender: June 1 for admission