Dress, grooming, and personal cleanliness standards contribute to the morale of all employees and affect the business image Wilkes University presents to customers and visitors.
During business hours or when representing Wilkes University, you are expected to present a clean, neat, and tasteful appearance. You should dress and groom yourself according to the requirements of your position and accepted social standards. This is particularly true if your job involves dealing with customers or visitors in person.
Your supervisor or department head is responsible for establishing a reasonable dress code appropriate to the job you perform. If your supervisor feels your personal appearance is inappropriate, you may be asked to leave the workplace until you are properly dressed or groomed. Consult your supervisor if you have questions as to what constitutes appropriate appearance for your position. Where necessary, reasonable accommodation may be made to a person with a disability.
Without unduly restricting individual tastes, the following personal appearance guidelines should be followed:
* Business Casual attire is generally acceptable.
* If applicable, entire uniform is to be worn at all times and be neat and clean.
* Tank tops, tube or halter tops, or shorts may not be worn under any circumstances.
* Mustaches and beards must be clean, well trimmed, and neat.
* Clothes should fit properly and be neat and clean.
Policy No. 705 Effective Date: 2/1/2004