- installation of a synthetic turf field on the current football field
- a field lighting system
- fencing around the perimeter
- installation of new football goal posts
- reinstallation of existing public address system and scoreboard
- new asphalt entry ways and walkways and demolition of the south side bleachers
- demolition of the press box
- temporary visitors press box (south side)
- temporary comfort facilities (south side)
a fundraising effort led by alumni athletes to provide:
- Critical physical facility needs of the institution’s football field and facilities.
- A way to unite Wilkes alumni athletes in effecting positive change and future success
combined “team” support.
- Recognition opportunity to honor the legendary, Coach Roland C. Schmidt.
The proposed Schmidt Stadium will be located within the footprint of the current field at Wilkes University’s Ralston Athletic Complex on Northampton Street adjacent to Kirby Park. The estimated cost for renovation of the stadium and its' facilites total cost is $3 million. The university has earmarked $1.6 million dollars in capital budget funds. We are seeking $1.4 million in gifts and pledges from alumni athletes and friends. Contributions can be fulfilled over 1 to 5 years. See Ways to Give for more information. Please join us so that the tradition of athletic excellence can continue for Wilkes student athletes current and future.
Special recognition will be given to members of "The Kick-Off Club". Click here to see the list of members (pdf.).
|Sample Renderings of the Proposed Stadium Project
|Click to Enlarge||Click to Enlarge|
|View from parking lot (West)||View from current home bleachers (South)|