Wilkes University subscribes to the belief that the primary responsibility for financing the cost of higher education rests with the student and his or her family, but Wilkes remains committed to providing resources to make the cost of earning a degree affordable. Toward that end, the University maintains an extensive program of loans.
Financial assistance for qualified students is awarded in the form of financial aid packages, which consist of loans. All students are encouraged to apply for financial assistance.
Students with questions about financial aid or students seeking applications for financial aid should contact the Student Services Center or Admissions Office representative at the nearest Wilkes office. More detailed information regarding the financial aid programs and requirements is included in the Consumer's Guide to Financial Aid, Costs, and Charges at Wilkes University, which is also available at the Financial Aid Office and on the Wilkes University Web Site (or this link).
Financial Aid Application Procedures
NOTE: Students must be regularly accepted for admission at the University before their application for financial aid will be considered.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who wish to participate in the Federal Direct Stafford Loan or the Federal Direct Grad PLUS Program or both must also complete the appropriate promissory note application.
- Send an email to email@example.com indicating the following:
- that you are registered for 6 or more credits and the start dates for your classes.
- that you have successfully completed the FAFSA
- the amount of financial aid you are applying for.
Financial Assistance Programs - Summary*
Federal Direct Stafford Loan