The Center for Global Education and Diversity fosters Wilkes’ mission of educating students "in a constantly evolving and multicultural world." The Center has the office of Diversity Initiatives and International Student Services and the Intensive English Program
Each area of the Center advises and advocates for students from underrepresented groups,international students who have come to the US to study at Wilkes and non-native speakers of English. The Center brings diversity and a global perspective to the Wilkes community by sponsoring campus- wide programs to develop a broader understanding of the world and providing support in matters of diversity, internationalization, and globalization. The Center is an important resource and support for all areas of the University.
Services provided include:
- support for students from underrepresented groups such as women, ethnic and religious minorities, gay/lesbian/transsexual/transgender, and individuals with disabilities
- support for international students, faculty, and staff
- the Intensive English Program (IEP) for non native English speakers who need to improve their English language skills
- multicultural programming
- reserving the Savitz Multicultural Lounge in the Henry Student Center
Staffing for the Center:
- Georgia Costalas, Executive Director; Director of International Student Services
- Kimberly Niezgoda, Director for ESL Services
- Erica Acosta, Associate Director for Diversity Initiatives
- Jonathan Summers, Associate Director for International Student Services
- Crystal Cools, Assistant Director of International Student Services
The Center is located in the Max Roth Center at the corner of S. Franklin and W. South Streets. The Center's staff may be reached at (570) 408-7854. Off campus students may access the services of the Center by calling or e-mailing Georgia Costalas at email@example.com.