Welcome to the Sordoni Art Gallery at Wilkes University
The Sordoni Art Gallery at Wilkes University is an innovative educational exhibition space. The gallery offers students and the local community a creative learning experience by providing rich programing, workshops, lectures, and year-round exhibitions featuring diverse, internationally recognized artists.
The Sordoni Art Gallery was founded on Wilkes University campus in 1973. After 44 years, the gallery moved to the Karambelas Media Center where the 3200 square foot state-of-the-art facility will open to the public in October 2017.
All Sordoni exhibitions and events are free and open to the public.
15 Minutes: From Image To Icon
- October 6 - December 20, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: October 6, 4:30PM
- Opening Reception: October 6, 5 - 7PM
Pennsylvania artist, Andy Warhol, changed how we view art. Inspired by pop culture, Warhol’s imagery defined the new age of fine art and influenced society, to in turn, be a creator of pop culture. This exhibition examines the artist’s inspiration, process, and wide influence to both fine and commercial art.
Join Us For The Warhol Wednesday Lecture Series:
- October 11: Curator's Tour with Director of the Sordoni Art Gallery and Curator of the exhibition, Heather Sincavage (in gallery)
- October 25: Andy Warhol is a V: Philosophical Bachelorhood & the Celibate Factory by Dr. Benjamin Kahan, Louisiana State University
- November 15: Andy and the Rusyns by Dr. Elaine Rusinko, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- (co-sponsored by the Eastern PA Chapter of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society)
All Lectures are at 4:30 p.m. in KC Room 135. Please check back for any updates.
Patrons requesting accommodations or services at Wilkes University or Wilkes University-sponsored events in accordance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III: Public Accommodations are asked to contact the University at 1-800-Wilkes-U to request such services/accommodations. It is recommended that requests be made at least 48 hours prior to any event.