Marleen A. Troy
Associate Professor Of Environmental Engineering
Ph. D. 1989 Drexel University
Environmental management and biological treatment techniques for hazardous waste remediation.
Environmental health, regulatory compliance and policy, pollution prevention and energy
Honors and awards:
- 2007 Wilkes University, Interdisciplinary Teaching Award, with Ruth Hughes
of the Sidhu School of Business for Small Business (Environmental) Consulting courses.
- 2004 Wilkes University, Outstanding Faculty Recognition
- 2002 Lead member of a project team from the Wilkes University Small Business
Development Center and the Wilkes University GeoEnvironmental Sciences and Engineering
Department that was awarded a Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence in Education
- 2002 Recognized by the Pennsylvania Pollution Prevention (P2) Roundtable
Network during the 2002 P2 Statewide Conference (October 2002, Harrisburg, PA) for
outstanding support and for contributions to the Pennsylvania Pollution Prevention
- 2000, 2002 Recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
during Pollution Prevention Week for pollution prevention and environmental education
- 1991 OHM Award for Technical Excellence
- 1988-1989 Steven Giegerich Memorial Scholarship, Civil Engineering Department,
- 1988-1989 United States Environmental Protection Agency National Network
for Environmental Management Studies Fellowship.
- 1987-1988 S.J. Leonard Teaching Assistant Award, Civil Engineering Department,