The study of the life sciences can blossom into a wide range of professions, careers, and employment positions.
Take a look at our programs, or get in touch with us for more information!
The Cohen Science Center (CSC) is a LEED certified building devoted to teaching, research, and mentoring. CSC holds the Rosenthal Herbarium, which is one of the top plant collections in northeast Pennsylvania, and a molecular suite for world-class genetic and protein research. On top of CSC is a large greenhouse for teaching and research. The end of the building is capped by scenic lounges where you can study or have small meetings.
Wilkes University is part of the Chincoteague Bay Field Station consortium in Assateague, Virginia. You can take field trips there or take a course or two in marine biology there for a Concentration in Marine Biology.
The Jacob's Property is a 110 acre forest plot near Bear Creek, Pennsylvania. Several ecology-related courses take field trips there and also the focus of a few long-term ecology projects.
- The genetics of development in fruit flies
- Seed dispersal in oaks
- Habitat and effect of fire on rare birds
- Biochemical triggers of development in a marine invertebrate
- MIcrobial ecology of deep sea vents
- Diet and colorectal cancer
- The potential of a common weed to produce a medically relevant antioxidant
- Gene expression in rice
- Diet and Alzheimers disease
- Urban ecology