Please take careful note of the following requirements for students pursuing teacher certification at Wilkes University:
1. A student must have a final course grade of 2.5 in ED 180: Educational Psychology before proceeding to ED 190: Effective Teaching with Field Experience and ED 191: Integrating Technology into the Classroom.
2. A student must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 in order to register for ED 190 and ED 191.
3. A student must earn a final course grade of 2.5 in ED 190 and ED 191 and an overall GPA of 2.85 prior to registering for 200 level Education courses.
4. A student must take and pass PAPA—Reading, Writing, and Mathematics and have a 3.0
GPA prior to registering for any 300-level Education course and content methods course.
- Ensure that a PAPA report is on file in the Wilkes Education Department Office (Breiseth Hall 204)
- Remain informed about his/her own grade point average.